How many times have you started a project with a well thought out plan only to have the plan fall to the wayside shortly after starting it?
Here are a few reasons that cause us to deviate from the original plan:
- Technical issues are uncovered and the plan has to be adapted
- Developers or people that were excluded from the planning process have a better idea
- Someone changes their mind
- The team learns new techniques or finds new tools
- Users provide feedback that doesn't align with the original plan
- Something wasn't thought out well enough. Whose brain doesn't turn to mush after a full day (or more) of planning?