Water, water, everywhere,
And not a drop to drink.
That file you want Im sure its here,
But where? I just cant think!
- Average Office Worker
Can you relate ?
- We have way too many file cabinets and not enough space for people!
- I know I had that document here yesterday, but somehow now its gone.
- Review this document, note your approval, and then pass it back to me asap!
- Its in the file room downstairs; but dont look in the bottom drawers thats private.
- I dont need that document now, but if its ever tossed, youre in big trouble!
Taming the paper dragon is critical to doing business efficiently and productively. Even as companies go paperless, more paper is generated today than ever before. Why? Mostly because theres so much more information to manage, but also due to operational needs, customer preferences and, in some cases, legal requirements for paper.
Consider the impact and calculate the costs
- Paper files are doubling every 3.5 years
- 7.5 % of documents are lost; 3% of are misfiled
- The average document is handled 4 to 6 times, by different individuals.
- 90% of these documents are handled without any management review
- 50-70% of documents are kept beyond legal retention requirements
So, whats a business to do?
Managing your paper documents efficiently requires knowing how to best collect, classify, retain, individually find, and share them. For documents converted to (or already in) an electronic format, the same needs apply: capture, index, store, retrieve and document sharing/routing. Now add to this mix the desire to directly access images from within your business applications, plus OCR (optical character recognition), plus image annotation...
We feel your pain.
Many of our clients have asked how to best address the problems related to paper documents, often from a variety of different perspectives: departmental needs, document types, workflow requirements and technical environments. Can one document imaging product do it all? In my next blog, well address some of these problems more specifically and whether a one-size-fits-all approach can really work.
Want to know/see more?
On April 13th from 11:00-1:00, we will hold an Executive Briefing to discuss Document Imaging. Well also show how using a flexible framework approach to document imaging can allow customized solutions for variety of different business document problems. Better yet? Well feed you lunch . on us.
Where: Pinnacle, 4100 Edison Lakes Pkwy Ste320, Mishawaka, IN 46545
When: April 13th, 11:00-1:00 (Lunch provided)
Please RSVP at http://pinnacledev.eventbrite.com or call us at (574) 235-8100 to register.