Microsoft Dynamics GP has been around the block; believe it or not its been around now for 25 years! And in those years theyve integrated a lot of great features. The problem is that most GP users arent aware of some of the best features. We are hosting an event, Whats New in Dynamics GP 2010 R2, on Tuesday, October 25th at our Mishawaka office. Well be talking about some of the features listed above as well. We hope to see you there. Pluswell be having a drawing for a pair of Notre Dame Football tickets. You must be present to win! At that event we will also be showcasing of the best features of GP we know arent getting the most attention from users. Well show more features at our event, but here are the five best that youre probably not using:
- EFT for Payables allows you to pay your vendors by ACH (automated clearing house) by an electronic funds transfer. Paying your venders electronically allows you to save valuable time and money printing, addressing and mailing checks. I wrote a blog post a while back that goes into a little more detail.
- Business Analyzer, new to 2010 R2, allows users to run, create and share reports without actually logging into the software. This is a great new feature because it can be installed on a computer without GP installed so those who just need report access dont actually have to use one of your licenses. This is useful for your executives across your organization.
- Word Template Generator, now available in GP 2010 R2, generates any report in Report Writer into a Word Template. Users will be able to reformat any report in MS Word, and generate client specific report templates.
- Expanded Excel Reports. Each new edition of the software Microsoft releases many more Excel reports. You dont have to build them, they are already set up and you just need to start using them.
- Lync, Microsofts new communication tool, is completely integrated into GP in order to improve communication between you, your customers, and your venders. When connected youll see icons next to your contacts names in GP and with a click of your mouse be instantly connected to them for a quick instant message, audio or video conversation, or even web conference complete with PowerPoint.
You'll also see GP specific options next to your contacts names in Lync itself just as it shows in the screenshot above. Those are available just by Right Clicking a contact on the Lync screen.
As you can see there is so much more that GP can do for you, and all functions are inherently designed to increase efficiency and increase profitability. We hope to see you on the 25th!