Custom applications to help businesses improve operations and be more productive; therefore, it isn't surprising that Good Technology's Mobility Index Report showed a 731 percent growth in custom applications from 2013 to 2014. The report also found that custom apps represented 29 percent of all smartphone apps. Mobile devices have become the primary way for people to access information quickly - it only makes sense that businesses leverage those devices to connect with customers and employees.
There are many benefits that come with custom apps for business. Read on to see a few of our favorites.
Top benefits of custom apps for business
- Better security - Hackers are less likely to spend time trying to break into custom apps. To them, there is a better "return on investment" to hack into apps that a majority of people are using. According to TrackVia contributor Charles Var, custom applications prevent other organizations from accessing operational data.
- Reliable technical support - No need to go to a user community or support forum to post your question and wait for a reply that may, or may not resolve your issue. The makers of your custom application know the ins and outs and can resolve issues in an efficient manner.
- Software will never get discontinued - Off-the-shelf apps are updated when the developer deems fit. You have no control over versioning or new and updated features. Custom apps can be maintained as long as you need them to be, adding features that make the most sense for your business needs.
- Custom apps can successfully operate with existing business software -
Custom applications can be built to integrate with or connect to current systems and software. No need to have separate software to use with generic apps when you can streamline operations and workflows with one built for you.
- It isn't "one-size-fits-all" - Custom apps are just as unique as your business. They are tailored to your specific needs with your business goals and challenges in mind. Why have multiple apps that only solve one or two business needs, when you can have a singular application that covers all the bases?
By taking advantage of custom app development, your business can function more efficiently and your staff members can be more productive. Pinnacle, an Advanced Imaging Solutions company, has a team of highly skilled software developers able to create a custom solution tailored to the needs and goals of your company.
All of our custom projects are created using iterative development to ensure the client is included in the project’s development every step of the way. If you have an idea for a custom app for your business, contact us to start the discussion!