Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2 is here! For those of you that were not able to attend our June Target Returns, the presentation can be found at this link. We discussed what’s new in Dynamics GP 2013 R2 and highlighted the new copy/paste feature. While there are over 100 new features, below are the top 14 crowd-pleasing features included in this release.
Top 14 Crowd-Pleasing Features in Dynamics GP 2013 R2
- Copy/paste to GL – Copy a journal entry and paste it into the general ledger; plus, the data being pasted is validated
- Azure Backups – Backup and restore directly with Windows Azure
- Checkbook IDs on Cash Receipt – Display the checkbook on the cash receipt inquiry window
- Email based on Document Type – Choose who you want to email which documents to individually
- Print remaining documents for email – Print and email in one step – available for e-mail batch processes and e-mail statement processes
- Document Attach 2.0 – Email documents with the transaction, follow transactions from the master record to the transaction, and mass delete attached files by date
- Reconcile bank without marking the transaction – Enables you to maintain audit trails for inactive checkbooks
- Set default sort order for checks – Save time running checks by sorting by payment number, name, state-city, or zip
- Payroll check date sorting – Default sort order by check date with descending/ascending sort options
- Vendor combiner & modifier – You no longer need PSTL to combine IDs. Combine existing vendor IDs with another existing ID or combine existing vendor IDs with new vendor IDs. Vendor IDs will update for all existing records
- Fixed assets default asset ID from asset class – A new option for asset IDs based on their class, enables you to more quickly setup assets
- Assign items to multiple sites – Available in site maintenance, you can assign/unassign and otherwise manage all aspects of an item at multiple sites in one window
- Take company offline – Limit company access for maintenance, assign users with access, and message users when you are taking a company offline
- Reverse GL year end close – Open a previously closed fiscal year or edit multiple years
Below is a brief explanation of the above features.
Copy/Paste to GL
One of the most popular new features is copying and pasting from Microsoft Excel to Dynamics GP GL. Just follow these simple steps:
1. All you need is to have your Excel Sheet in a specific order:
*If you don’t have a description, you can leave this column blank, but the column needs to be there as a placeholder.
2. Select and copy only the data (not the headers)
- Home > Copy
- Right Click + Copy
- Control + C]
3. In GP, start a GL transaction (Financial > Transactions > Financial > General)
4. Click the big Paste button on the ribbon, next to copy
5. The data will be pasted in
Copying and pasting only works one transaction at a time and you will need to fill out the rest of the information (Date, Batch, Reference, etc.), but it works.