It’s that GP time of year again. Microsoft has released the Year-End Updates for Dynamics GP versions 2015, 2016, and 2018. Microsoft will no longer support GP version 2013 or older. This means that the Payroll Tax Update and End of Year Update will not be available.
How Will the Changes Affect You?
Payroll year-end closing procedures create the year-end wage file, which is used to populate 1099, W2, W3, EFW2, 1095-C, and 1094-C forms.
Here’s the scope, forms W-2, W-4, and W-3, 1099-INT and 1099-MISC will NOT change.
Here’s What Did Change:
- 1099-DIV: Box 5 Section 199A dividends was added, existing box numbers were renumbered from Box 5-14 to 6-15, Box 5 Investment Expenses is now Box 6.
- 1096: Two new checkbox options were added.
- 1099-R: Additional Distribution Codes C and M for Box 7, now allowed to be entered in the “Edit 1099-R” window. These codes and amounts associated with them will then be printed on the print 1099-R form.
- ACA-1095-C Form: format changes in name fields.
- ACA-1094-C Form: the certification checkboxes were moved.
For more information click on the following links below:
Pinnacle of Indiana provides Dynamics GP Year-End Updates for all customers, ensuring that year-end updates are installed properly and without stress. Schedule an appointment to get help installing your updates.