Two weeks ago, Craig Sroda and Matt Brown (Pinnacle Partner & Director of Sales) went to the Worldwide Partner Conference in Washington, D.C. to learn about the latest and greatest in Microsoft’s trends and technologies.
At this conference, that focused on Microsoft’s vision and strategies, there were 130 countries and over 10,000 partner representatives attending. Here are a few takeaways we would like to share:
Microsoft is “All In” with cloud computing
- Microsoft is shifting a huge focus toward Cloud Computing, cutting edge technologies and innovative products.
- Microsoft is fully committed to offering all of their software in the cloud.
- On premise, email is typically the first move to the cloud, BPOS (Business Productivity Online Suite) offers ease to that transition at an extremely affordable price
- Per Gartner, 20% of customers will have no IT assets by 2013.
Microsoft is still growing!
- Bing’s Decision Engine has gained 21 million users since its release. (Gaining 1% market share per month)
- Office 2010 Beta has experienced over 9 million downloads to date.
- An estimated 370 million PC’s will ship over the next twelve months.
- Great new products like Windows Phone 7 and Kinect (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/kinect ) will be the hottest items this holiday season!
We were excited to be one of 359 companies globally to be awarded the Microsoft Business Award, President’s Club. This puts us in the top 5% of Microsoft Dynamics Partners worldwide. Thanks again to our dedicated customers and employees for making this possible!